Wednesday, March 25, 2009

My Encounter

I thought about luck, until she met me,
Astonished I was, for she looked simply like me,
Smiled I at her and shook her hand
And then went our own separate ways

I crossed chance on my way
Unlike luck, she looked nothing like me,
Harsh she was and plainly dressed,
I shook my head and moved ahead,

Love walked along my path,
Stunned was I to view her sight
Luscious and pure, she was a goddess,
A plain ol’haggard like me drove her away.

I bumped into Lust at a crossroad
Striking and gay, he bonded with Temptation
Beckoned was I to that ethereal union,
I swallowed those moments and chose them away.

I fought with darkness, that mighty foe,
As he sat on Light, his might horse,
Thundered he, “We are two of one!!!”
I pleaded my innocence and turned away.

I met irony, mercy and contempt,
Each of them tried to stop my attempt,
Avoided one, tore apart another,
They weren’t enough to make me bother

I saw Indifference as stood casually,
All this time I waited for thee, said he
Smiled he with such effective control,
I moulded my will to suit his own.

Shaking his head he moved me away,
Go on your way, I don’t plan to lead you astray,
I shook my head and yet held his hand,
My confidence shattered, he got the hang.

I used him as a crutch, through thick and thin,
I refused to let go, I wanted to win,
I won the argument, lost the battle,
It was my indifference that burst the bubble.

No comments: